DfE Privacy Notice:
Holiday Activities and Food 2022 programme
This privacy notice relates only to the sharing and handling of personal contact details between local authorities and of the HAF delivery plan. In the coming months, we may provide further privacy notices relating to other aspects of the HAF programme.
Who we are
The Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) programme is funded by the Department for Education (DfE). For the purpose of data protection legislation, the DfE is a data controller of personal data collected and our National Support Contractor Childcare Works is a data processor of personal data collected.
How we will use your information
We collect the minimum personal information necessary in order to best coordinate and support local authorities in coordinating the HAF programme.
The information will be securely shared by the DfE with those working on HAF in local authorities to facilitate connections and discussion between local authorities within your region and, when useful and with your consent, with other local authorities across England.
The information will also be shared with Childcare Works the organisation appointed as our National Support Contractor in April 2021 to ensure that this organisation can continue to support you in delivering the Holiday Activities and Food programme.
The personal data collected at this stage will include:
- Your full name
- Your work email address
- Your work contact telephone no
- The local authority you work for
Why our use of your personal data is lawful
In order for DfE use of the personal data to be lawful, it needs to meet one (or more) conditions in the data protection legislation.
The legal basis for DfE processing the personal data is Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) where “processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
How long will DfE keep your personal data
Your personal data will only be retained as long as necessary in order to run the Holiday Activities and Food programme with the necessary information.
Your data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the right:
- to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling
- reason for its continued processing
- to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the
- purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it
- produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
If you need to contact DfE regarding any of the above, please do so at: HAF.firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about your data protection rights appears on the Information
Commissioner’s website at:
This version was last updated on 12/04/2022
If you have any questions about how your personal information will be used, please contact us at HAF.email@example.com To contact the DfE’s Data
Protection Officer (DPO) please contact us via gov.uk
(https://www.gov.uk/contact-dfe) and mark it for the attention of the ‘DPO’.